Araucana Rooster for FREE.

okieroy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Bethany, Ok
I have one Araucana rooster for free. I will not ship. I live in Bethany, OK. He is beautiful, but wife says I can't keep him. Not sure of exact age, but he just started crowing.

Last edited:
Before you get rid of your beautiful rooster consider keeping him for just a couple of weeks longer to see how it goes. I should not give advice I know. Can't help it with this one. I inadvertently aquired THREE roosters this spring with my eight chick order. I was adamant that I have NO roosters but they are quite wonderful and add a lot to the flock dynamics. Two of them are Silkie Roosters which are quite docile actually and they bow down to the dominant, absolutely stunning, Easter Egger rooster I have, Big Agnes. Now I couldn't bear to part with any of them. They all have managed to get along and keep the hens safer. I just acquired two more hens, thank goodness, from someone who couldn't keep them. This will make the roosters happier of course. What is the first chicken I pick up when I bring them food and water? It is the rooster, Big Agnes, because he actually is just a very nice rooster. When my Blue Silkie Rooster was injured by one of our dogs, I actually took him to the Vet for stitches and antibiotics and he recovered fully. That's how much we've fallen for our roosters. To keep them quieter in the morning we keep all of our chickens in their coop until 8 am on the weekends or until we leave for work during the weekdays. This summer before our insulated, sound reducing, winter coop was built, we actually gathered the three roosters from the thin walled and highly ventilated summer coop at night after they perched and brought them into our garage for the night. Even though we live in the country with poultry on many neighboring acres I didn't want to bother our neighbors. It worked well. Now with the other insulated coop we can barely hear them crow in the morning when we are sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom