Araucana Sexing

Is this a hen or a Roo? Also, is this an araucana? I bought them for 10 dollars a peice and I'm not too sure if it was an araucana or not. Thank you for any info :)
easter egger pullet/hen

pure araucana if youre in america will be without buffs (furry cheeks) and beards, and no tail, they will either have or not have tufts, (protruding cheek feathers,

i think an ameraucans are as above but with tail
both types need to be of a specific colour

easter eggers are usually the beard and buff type, with or without tails, theyre all decended from the original araucanas, but easter eggers are araucanas or ameraucanas crossed with anything,

americanas are crossed with a specific breed as are most other world araucana standards

the uk recognizes tailed with buffs,& beard (crest?) and tailless tufted
usa tailless only with tufts
australia tailed only

5 week old wheaten/ blue wheaten bantam araucana. I thought from the colouring that this was a pullet, but "her" comb seems quite pink at times. Any opinions please?

I recently incubated a few mixed eggs, including some blue/green eggs I was told were from lavender Araucanas.
I've now got three 9-week-old araucana pullets (I hope), judging by behaviour and the lack of spurs. The other 2 are Pekin/Silkie crosses (I was told), and are definitely roosters, because they've both been crowing since 6-7 weeks, and have little spur buds with really tiny spurs on the back of their legs. The white one took on an adult hen at least twice his size a few days ago and tried (unsuccessfully) to dominate her. The Araucanas follow the boys round everywhere, don't have any visible spur buds and don't join in the crowing. They are more reserved and timid.
Will post some photos and would like your opinions!

Back
Top Bottom