Araucana thread anyone?

Ok, here's the new kids! I don't have names yet, but here we go.
1st is the blue cuckoo. Once I opened his wing, I could very faintly see the lines. We'll see how he turns out. He's double tufted, as sold.
View attachment 1925102 View attachment 1925103

Next we have what I think is another cockerel. Sold as a pullet, and called 'blue mottled'. I don't see any mottling, I think he's just a blue. Clean Faced. And what's up with that one funky feather? At the edge of his wing?
View attachment 1925104 View attachment 1925105

Finally, we have the one I hope is a pullet. Sold Straight run and non-tufted. She was sold as 'Blue Paint' but she looks like a splash to me. Love her spotting. Oh! And she's double tufted! I don't know how full they'll be, but they're there!
View attachment 1925106 View attachment 1925107 View attachment 1925108
They’re beautiful! I sure hope the last one is a pullet. :fl

1st is the blue cuckoo. Once I opened his wing, I could very faintly see the lines. We'll see how he turns out. He's double tufted, as sold.

Next we have what I think is another cockerel. Sold as a pullet, and called 'blue mottled'. I don't see any mottling, I think he's just a blue. Clean Faced. And what's up with that one funky feather? At the edge of his wing?

Finally, we have the one I hope is a pullet. Sold Straight run and non-tufted. She was sold as 'Blue Paint' but she looks like a splash to me. Love her spotting. Oh! And she's double tufted! I don't know how full they'll be, but they're there!
They are adorable! :thumbsup I would call the last one paint.

I didn't know there was a chicken color known as 'paint'. I guess I have some research to do! LOL
Its a cross of colors... I think black and white (don't quote me on that). Splash colors are more subtle (blue and grey) and are usually spotted. The bold black color in your chick with bigger areas of that color lean me towards paint.

Its a cross of colors... I think black and white (don't quote me on that). Splash colors are more subtle (blue and grey) and are usually spotted. The bold black color in your chick with bigger areas of that color lean me towards paint.

Interesting. She's got three major spots, one on her back, one on her head, and the one on that wing. She's going to look so pretty and interesting!

Was the pullet supposed to be tufted? I don't know why I was thinking only one of the three was tufted.

Was the pullet supposed to be tufted? I don't know why I was thinking only one of the three was tufted.
This is part of the invoice... I was sold a cockerel (Tufted), a pullet and a straight run (both un-tufted). eta; So yea, I was sold only one tufted but received two. And that is definitely the same paint, since her spots are in the same place. I'm thrilled. LOL I just wish the cuckoo was more... cuckoo.
Capture.JPG

This is part of the invoice... I was sold a cockerel (Tufted), a pullet and a straight run (both un-tufted). eta; So yea, I was sold only one tufted but received two. And that is definitely the same paint, since her spots are in the same place. I'm thrilled. LOL I just wish the cuckoo was more... cuckoo.
View attachment 1925183
Bonus!!! :thumbsup

and maybe the blue mottled more.... mottled. But I'm thrilled with the surprise tufts.
Yeah, I couldn't see any mottling...but I've also been in denial for over a year on needing glasses :oops:.

If the gene is there that's good. All it would take is to find another mottled bird or even one with a recessive gene to start some mottled offspring. If you are in to that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom