Araucana thread anyone?

Its National Bring Your Chickens To Work Day!! Just kidding! :D I have a girl coming from two and a half hours away for this breeding pair. It would have been three hours away for her to pick them up at my house. I have really enjoyed having them here today. I think I should bring chickens to work every day!
20191010_105418.jpg

Its National Bring Your Chickens To Work Day!! Just kidding! :D I have a girl coming from two and a half hours away for this breeding pair. It would have been three hours away for her to pick them up at my house. I have really enjoyed having them here today. I think I should bring chickens to work every day!View attachment 1930818
Are they a pair of Mottled Araucanas?

Are they a pair of Mottled Araucanas?
Yes. The cockerel is double tufted and mottled, the pullet is clean faced and solid black but is split for mottling.
On one hand, I'd love bring your chicken to work day! Cause it would be fun answering the questions about why my chick has pigtails. LOL On the other..... the mess.
They aren't nearly as messy as I thought they would be!

So, since the temps at night are getting low, this weekend looks like the last one in the 60s... I'm going to try to do a sudden integration with the kids. I don't have the room to do them separate, and I'm concerned about them being in the dog kennel like I did with the last group, and them being warm enough with just three bodies.
My flock seems to be mostly accepting, not as bad as some stories I've heard, so we'll see what happens. The kids are 8 weeks or so.

ETA My other concern, besides temps, is that I'm not going to be home to watch them until the sun is down each night this weekend. I'm still working the Renaissance Faire (last weekend) so I won't be able to keep an eye on them during the day.

So, since the temps at night are getting low, this weekend looks like the last one in the 60s... I'm going to try to do a sudden integration with the kids. I don't have the room to do them separate, and I'm concerned about them being in the dog kennel like I did with the last group, and them being warm enough with just three bodies.
My flock seems to be mostly accepting, not as bad as some stories I've heard, so we'll see what happens. The kids are 8 weeks or so.

ETA My other concern, besides temps, is that I'm not going to be home to watch them until the sun is down each night this weekend. I'm still working the Renaissance Faire (last weekend) so I won't be able to keep an eye on them during the day.
Hopefully all goes well with the integration. :fl

@Brahma Chicken5000 this is my Lulu. I spelled her name differently so you wouldn't think I was copying ;). I had been calling her Little Lucy, but now that she is a confirmed pullet she needs a true name, so I shortened Little Lucy to Lulu. And I think I got lucky and she is a silver duckwing!
I love your Lulu she’s gorgeous! Feel free to spell her name the way I spelled it. Your Lulu also seems to be nosy like my Looloo. :)

OMG, I heard the most precious thing I've ever heard yesterday morning! I was getting ready for the final day of the Ren Faire, loads of fun tying yourself into a bodice and arranging things. LOL So I'm doing my thing, and I hear this strangled sound from the brooder. I still haven't gotten the kids outside because I've been so busy... I'm like "What was that...... OMG It was a CROW!" One of the baby cockerels is trying out his crow already! Oh boy... Gotta get them outside quick! LOL

OMG, I heard the most precious thing I've ever heard yesterday morning! I was getting ready for the final day of the Ren Faire, loads of fun tying yourself into a bodice and arranging things. LOL So I'm doing my thing, and I hear this strangled sound from the brooder. I still haven't gotten the kids outside because I've been so busy... I'm like "What was that...... OMG It was a CROW!" One of the baby cockerels is trying out his crow already! Oh boy... Gotta get them outside quick! LOL
Aww :love

Back
Top Bottom