Araucana thread anyone?

My chix get fresh grass and clover clippings. Broccoli too. Yong chix with feathers get to rang with other's. Free ranging chickens keeps everyone happy for new flock introduction. My 5 week old amerucanas are with the big girls now and free range help them to get used to each other. The others are RIR and BR all doing good together now and out of boarding. Good day.

Hi everyone,

These were sold to me as Bantam Araucana.
I don't know that they are but I was hoping someone could fill me in on color?

TIA

HugHess

They are so cute! Looks like a great colored flock. Good Cluck with them ;-) keep me posted with pic's. I'm hatchings out some bantam Araucana rumpless and tailed. Neet fun! good day.

Aloha,

Itʻs kind of hard to see but does the two brown ones have single tufts on the right side?

Smoothmule can most likely comment on the colors when she comes by again.

Looks like a good mix.

Aloha, Puhi

Aloha,

Approximately half will have tufts, 1/4 will not and 1/4 will not hatch. Even though single tufted, it still has the tufted gene. Another part of the DNA controls how much the tufted gene will be expressed.

Aloha, Puhi

I got these girls (hopefully) yesterday. We were told they were aruacana chicks. Do they look like true Aruacana's? If so what colors can I possibly expect from them. They are approx 48hr old.
Even if they aren't true, these little things are way too dang cute to be upset if they aren't actually aruacana's
They look like little chipmunks, they were named appropriately so. The darker one is "Chipmunk" the lighter one is "Eleanor" (from the chipettes) hehe

Can you tell when a chick hatches if it will be rumpless/tailless? I have two chicks left from my March hatch that ended up being rumpless. They are crosses, so I had no idea I'd end up with rumpless chicks. One of them is totally tailless, and the other has a couple of tiny tail feathers that point down at the ground. They are both cockerels so I won't be keeping them. However, I do have more eggs from one of my Araucana hens in the incubator. What should I be looking for when they hatch to know if they will be tailless when they grow up?

I got these girls (hopefully) yesterday. We were told they were aruacana chicks. Do they look like true Aruacana's? If so what colors can I possibly expect from them. They are approx 48hr old. Even if they aren't true, these little things are way too dang cute to be upset if they aren't actually aruacana's They look like little chipmunks, they were named appropriately so. The darker one is "Chipmunk" the lighter one is "Eleanor" (from the chipettes) hehe
They look like EE's, but they are very cute.... where did you get them from?

Back
Top Bottom