Araucana thread anyone?

I was looking at them, but skyblueeggs didn't look like anything was updated and that makes me worried, and from what I read, it sounded like AwesomeArucana is done or severely smaller after this year
I was looking at them, but skyblueeggs didn't look like anything was updated and that makes me worried, and from what I read, it sounded like AwesomeArucana is done or severely smaller after this year
awsome araucana is getting rid of most of its birds this year, which might mean that you get a bargain price

The eggs you are talking about came from me. The Araucana is extremely hard to hatch due to the Lethal Gene they care. This recent Feedback is from one person I shipped 18 eggs to: Had an excellent hatch, 11 healthy chickies, thanks! This would be a 61% hatch rate which is a Great Hatch rate for Shipped Araucana Eggs.

Sega, you sell eggs on Ebay?

Skyblueegg is Ann Charles' website. She is well known in the Araucana community and a lot of folks starts out with her stock. She also has a solid background showing Araucanas. In general, she has good ratings but I haven't personally bought any hatching eggs from her. If I want chicks, I would want to know which stock the eggs came from, who is the cock/hen, etc so for future references if I introduce new blood I can determine how closely related they are. Skyblueeggs is random, she sends you what she wants and may not mark what pen they came from or what variety you are getting. Her eggs may be more on the green side. Awesome Araucana Hatchery (Edd Sheppard) is the same. Edd sends you random batches and you don't know what variety you may end up getting. He's been stating for last few years that he is closing or downsizing so it is nothing new. That is the downside. Plus side is even getting eggs. If you're starting out, you have to be willing to take what you can get. Plus side to Edd is that in general his stock will lay blue eggs and he has affordable prices for someone who wants to hatch eggs - however note that his stock are more towards the non-standard varieties. There are a few clubs that can help connect you to folks who may live closer to you - they have a directory listed by state.

Last edited:
@sega I buy them from a wonderful breeder a couple of hours south of me. Have gotten all blues and blacks from her eggs. This is the second hatch from her. First hatch 2 of 3 eggs hatched one is a blue cockerel double tufted. Second hatch 4 of 6 eggs hatched and this one pictured was my little prize chick. Of the other three, two are blue and one looks like half blue on bottom half black on top right now. Still really early to tell much. Those three are non tufted. I have eggs and chicks from another breeder to add variety but won't have any of my own eggs until late spring after I test fertility and see what is happening. Don't really know who to group yet. I'll send you her information.

I just received started chicks from Ann. She is easy to communicate with and will work with you on colors. The chicks arrived less than 24 hours after shipping. Healthy, beautiful chicks. This has been my experience. Still waiting on my hatching eggs from her. She promised they would be from a particular pen. My advice is to talk to her. Once she knows you are serious, she will work with you. I bet she gets a lot of tire kickers and is tired of that.

That's good to know. I was referring to her regular egg shipment every year that people reserve in advance. She is a great resource and many folks get good birds/hatch eggs from her. She is very personable on FB.

Back
Top Bottom