Araucana thread anyone?

Looks blue to me.
smile.png

Quote:
Beautiful. Sure looks like my blue Ameraucana chicks when they hatch out. I don't know what makes the difference, but I do get a very great range of depth of blue in my chicks also, some nearly black as chicks and then others like that little one there. Just beautiful.

Quote:
I find that chicken blue, can be very much like blue jeans blue. From the dark, like a new pair of jeans, to the pale, faded, silvery color of your favorite pair of old jeans, with the holes in the knees that you just can't bear to throw out!
lol.png
Yup, that's a blue baby.

Megan, Got my copy of the clucker today. Yeah!! I don't have any blue hens as I have paired my blues down to a trio, unless I hatch a awesome double tufted blue hen that I want to keep. I get blue out of my dominant white and splash pen, but not many. This year seems to be my year for duckwings and I am hanging on to all of those till I can evaluate them. I want to be super critical and only keep the best ones. Last year I sold the best of everything except 3 hens. This year I want to breed smarter and will hopefully have some good ones to keep.

Lanae

Quote:
Thanks cackleberrycoop, we are having alot of fun with these. Was a fun road to get them to where they are now.. "I'm just eggstatic about them"
jumpy.gif

But i can say it was worth every bit of time and effort put into these.

lavaraucana2002.jpg

lavaraucana2003.jpg

lavaraucana2007.jpg

There's a woman who wants me to ship chicks to her in Puerto Rico. Can we do that? I'll ask at the PO as soon as I get a chance, but I've got family visiting and so am hoping that someone here already knows and can save me the effort.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom