Araucanas / Americanas from McMurray Hatchery

This will be the end of the thread, since I have asked a question, but explain to me EE and those terms. I am clueless.
idunno.gif

Thank you to everyone for your answers. I guess it seems pretty clear - McMurray's "Araucanas / Americanas" are actually EE "Easter Eggers". I'm ok with that as I am certainly not a connoisseur of chickens and am just looking for some crazy looking eggs. I will post some pictures when they arrive at the end of June.

Thanks to all.

hi

Its the end of june ,

Did the chicks mak it OK?

.Let us see some pictures.

I bought two males and my buddy bought 2 hens .
But i donot have my camera.

He has been breeding ameraucanas for 24 years .His chicks he bred are white now.

He sayes that when he first got his,,, way back then ,that the eggs were blue and green .Some lighter in color And even then,, most people knew that the were not pure but a mixed chicken.not a mutt.

He likes a whiteish bird and now He has
chickens that are blue feathered and a blue or green egg .not sure he has a few of them
HE never like brown birds and chicks and never kept them .

He bred for dark colour of eggs and a nice looking bird .and after breeding them for years ,,they started to become araucanas.But at the time he did not know and bred them different again to look like an Ameraucanas.

Now he mixes the ameraucacas with another type chicken .
He sayes that their are MIxed . and but calles them ameraucanas.

have fun

thomas

Last edited:
I would bet a sack of feed that they will be Americanas or EE's. Even hatcheries don't know the difference or care to know the difference. I've discovered that in my endeavor to raise true Aracaunas! True Aracauna's are not easy to come by! Good luck with them though....they'll be fun either way!

You are betting right ..
Denis sayes that they are mixed because he cannot tell which chick is an ameraucana his chicks are white .
.they do not look like his,,,,,, he has been breeding them for egg color for 24 years
he will try them out abit like always He is really picky about his chickens .

HIs ameraucanas are not for show anyways.
He has breed for himself only.And he knows the standards .
.And he wants to give me some of his blue egglayers and maybe a proven rooster .but not sure about more breeding chickens .

thomas

I got some bantam supposed Ameraucanas from Ideal , they are definately mutts but darn cute lil mutts. I call them my bearded ladies
big_smile.png
Both lay a blue egg, one has green legs and the other has blue legs. Makes no difference to me I just wanted them as pets with the blue eggs being a nice bonus.

Very interesting...

I have ordered a st. run (5) chicks from Randall Burkey Co. They advertise these birds as Ameraucanas. But in the discription it says that they are nicknamed the EE. That of which is not true. The EE is it's own breed.

Very interesting...

I'll be courious to see what it is that we have.

caf.gif

Sorry for the delay... Many computer problems... now fixed.

Here is a picture of the chicks on the day I picked them up. I'm no photographer that's for sure...

19687_100_2987.jpg

As you can see, they are not uniform at all. Several of them look "similar" with a combination of black and various shades of brown in them... But some of them were pure yellow.

Not sure what that's all about, but we'll how the eggs look sometime in November I guess.

Back
Top Bottom