Araucanas / Americanas from McMurray Hatchery

I pick up two Ameraucanas from Belt Hatchery (CA) tomorrow. I wonder what I'll get?
roll.png

Cute chicks. I have EEs too and love em. But I have to admit when I first ordered them I thought I was getting pure bred ameraucanas
sad.png
live and learn and I would not trade my current chicks for any others.

Quote:
EEs come in all sorts of color variations This is one I got off Shelleyd2008 she's a very pretty girl... She has white with a touch of blue and red.
1248614460.jpg

I got 6 aracaunas from MMH this spring and I am very happy with mine. I do not know how to tell the difference between aracaunas and EEs, but my girls all do have the ear tufts and blue legs. Each one is distinctly different in their coloring (made it easy to name them) and very pretty. They are 18 weeks and just started laying. Of the 3 eggs I've gotten so far, 2 were a very nice light blue and the other 1 a light blue-green tint. They also have the best personalities, very friendly and not fearful at all. I am very pleased with them, whatever they may be!
smile.png

None of the hatcheries sell pure Araucana or Ameraucana(they are only advertised as such, but aren't pure) they are actually Easter Eggers(mixes with Araus and Ams in them). You have to buy directly from an actual breeder to get pure breeds.

Back
Top Bottom