Arctic blast coming to my area

Pics
I use a K and H heating pad that is fireproof and velcro to back or side of wall of coop near roosting area for anything below 30 degrees which is freezing. I use industrial Velcro. This way removable in the spring. Frostbite is a risk for anything below 30 degrees. I have a roof over coop/run. I tarp the whole house and put plastic over all windows with packing tape. I use a heated waterer or base for it. I use straw in run and coop to keep feet off ice and snow. I put curtains around windows inside for draft protection as well. I have one top vent open in coop and monitor wirelessly temp and humidity. When humidity up and below freezing frostbite sets in. Parts most at risk are combs, wattles, legs, feet, and toes. Can apply Vaseline to large combs/wattles to protect as well.

Our forecast:
Today
Snow Showers/Wind
7°/-20°
40%
Wed, Jan 30
Partly Cloudy/Wind
-12°/-23°
10%
Thu, Jan 31
Mostly Cloudy
-- /-2°
20%
Humidity: 61%
Wind: SW 8 mph
UV Index: 2 of 10
Sunrise: 7:01 am
Sunset: 5:02 pm
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High around 0F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thu Night
Snow Showers
-- /-2°
60%
Humidity: 75%
Wind: ESE 6 mph
UV Index: 0 of 10
Moonrise: 3:51 am
Moonset: 1:34 pm
Moonphase: Waning Crescent
Variable clouds with snow showers. Low -2F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected

Back
Top Bottom