Are all Orpingtons friendly?

Good to know though about Cackle. That’s where I was leaning due to distance from my house. I figured the closer the better for the chicks?

Are all varieties of Orpingtons friendly and docile? I realize all individuals are different but as a whole? I think the Lavender Orpingtons are so beautiful 🤩 and we are looking at getting 3 with 3 Buffs.
I haven't read through the rest of the thread, but my LO was my special girl and the friendliest of my flock. She and her sister were absolute joys and made my first year of chicken owning an extra special one. That being said, both of my girls passed away at a relatively young ages due to health issues that we suspect were due to inbreeding. One was due to internal laying that we didn't know about until we did a necropolis. RIP Lavender, you'll be missed 😔

I do have a (short) thread with some stories of my little LO and her adventures if you would to take a look :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-daily-adventures-of-lavender.1563842/
20230309_164942.jpg

I haven't read through the rest of the thread, but my LO was my special girl and the friendliest of my flock. She and her sister were absolute joys and made my first year of chicken owning an extra special one. That being said, both of my girls passed away at a relatively young ages due to health issues that we suspect were due to inbreeding. One was due to internal laying that we didn't know about until we did a necropolis. RIP Lavender, you'll be missed 😔

I do have a (short) thread with some stories of my little LO and her adventures if you would to take a look :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-daily-adventures-of-lavender.1563842/View attachment 3754338
What a sweet girls 💜 RIP. Thanks, I’ll take a look!

Are all varieties of Orpingtons friendly and docile? I realize all individuals are different but as a whole? I think the Lavender Orpingtons are so beautiful 🤩 and we are looking at getting 3 with 3 Buffs.
I have several varieties, and to me, the friendliest are the buffs and lavenders. My jubilees are very reserved and standoffish.

Nuthatched and Sally PB I’m sad that your experience with Orpingtons is less than wonderful! All three of my Orpingtons are super sweet, love cuddles and good egg layers! I have a buff (Princess Buttercup) who is four years old, an Australorp,( Lucy, three years old) and a lavendar (Gracie, two years old). If you could spend one hour with my three sweeties you might change your minds about Orpingtons 😀

Back
Top Bottom