Are all our babies pullets?!

Guessing pullet due to comb size. Doesn't look like a prairie bluebell to me, but maybe they've changed the parent chicken lines in the last year. PBEs are EEs that lay blue with pea combs.
That's interesting to know! And yeah, this one doesn't make much sense to me as a PBE either, from what I've seen online. But I'm not an expert so I figured I just was misguided. Nice to hear you echo those thoughts!

I think 3 & 4 are cockerels, but it's a pure guess on my part. Due to comb size. Have to wait and see.
Thanks for the guess! I'll update their photos weekly as they progress. Hopefully this thread can be useful to other chick raisers in the future, I know I've perused quite a few on this forum!

So, we have some that are for sure pullets. We are raising a large flock of chicks for a friend. She has acres and acres to free range a bunch of chickens, and we can pick and keep whichever ones we want, and if they end up being roosters- she will just trade us for a hen.

So, is it risky? Yes. But we have all the back up plans to make sure we ultimately have four pullets and all the other chicks have a healthy home either with us or her.

We bought all pullets except for 6 straight run chicks, because she wanted some roos. We just happened to fall in love with 3 of them.

I'm just hoping to keep a running thread over the next couple weeks to hear everyone's thoughts/guesses. I don't need definitive answers. 😪😪😪🥲
That sounds like a good plan then. It might be awhile for difinitive answers, but sounds like you have time & flexibility!

Back
Top Bottom