are chickens pets?

Are chickens pets?

• yes

Votes: 329 92.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
I feed chicken grains to the house sparrows, great tits (I'm not sure who is responsible for naming them like that in English, but we're talking lovely black/yellow/blue birds here) and blue tits (not a word!). Spreading the love. And it wasn't leftover chicken at least. ;)

I forgot the popcorn today, but have been givin' that gold finch seed to 'em for a while, and put some in the wild bird food as well ... now we have new and different finches eating at our feeder.

Well, I guess they really ARE pets, since they now have a "doorbell" (courtesy of one of our Thanksgiving guests who found it at a yard sale) and their very own solar holiday lights and wreath - because the new neighbors behind us have gotten carried away with the holiday spirit and have the equivalent of the Disney Main St. Electric Parade goin' on back there and our girls have a REPUTATION to uphold - LOL!

Lol. My son wanted to light up the coop, too. He wrote his essay for school this week about our chickens and how they have personalities, similar to people. I hope he gets a good grade!

Last edited:
Lol. My son wanted to light up the coop, too. He wrote his essay for school this week about our chickens and how they have personalities, similar to people. I hope he gets a good grade!

Eh ... wouldn't worry so much of what his teacher thinks, most esp. when he demonstrates how very well he does, all on his own: Igniting his imagination was easily worth every bit of effort and money invested (congratulations ~'-)

When i first had chickens i didn't see them as pets but as you get to know them they are all unique and they became a part of the family. Every morning they were happy to see me and i always spoke to them which at first i thought i was going nuts but turns out im not the only one that started talking to them the hubby also did it and he wasn't a fan of them.

Chickens are totally pets when you have children :)

One of our newest additions is a small cute hen that needed a new home. She newer saw another chicken in her life and she's more comfortable around humans. She loves to eat her grains out of my hand each morning. If I'm in a hurry, and don't have time for feeding her personally, she will stare at me until I feel guilty enough and then she walks away and ignores me.

Well, I guess they really ARE pets, since they now have a "doorbell" (courtesy of one of our Thanksgiving guests who found it at a yard sale) and their very own solar holiday lights and wreath - because the new neighbors behind us have gotten carried away with the holiday spirit and have the equivalent of the Disney Main St. Electric Parade goin' on back there and our girls have a REPUTATION to uphold - LOL!

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom