Are cucumbers and pumpkins OK to feed to Pheasants?

dainironfoot

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
woodburn, Oregon
Hi guys just wondering if you guys feed larger vegetables to your pheasants. I have heard some people say that their pheasants love pumpkins and cucumbers and I was just wondering if they eat the large seeds in there too. I know that my chickens love cucumbers but I sometimes worry if eating the large seeds can plug em up inside or if they just digest it all. Planning a large garden this year and looking forward to feeding the pheasants lots of big veggies this summer. Thanx a bunch,

Pheasants love pumpkins like I love chocolate. I have never fed cucumbers but would think they would be good too. I scoop all the seeds out of the pumpkin before I let them go at it, just to be safe. Watermelons and tomatoes are also big hits around here. They will eat watermelon until its all gone, rind and all. Pumpkins are also a good natural wormer for your birds

I have fed both pumpkins & cucumbers to all my birds - just cut them in half & threw the whole thing in the pens. They ate seeds & all without any problem.

Back
Top Bottom