Are dandelions poisonous?

I dont bother cutting them up. I did at first but they didnt show as much interest in the cut ones as they did the whole leaves. I think they feel more like theyre foraging. My duckies love to sit aand nibble the stems like noodles, and the chickens love to destroy the flower heads themselves. They also love eating the whole leaves, its so funny to see them, and yes they all go apey for dandelions. I feed them huge amounts twice a day atleast. Free chicken treats are the best treats
smile.png

Dandelions, the most useful and delicious weed! A favorite of chickens, people, and bees (in fact, they prefer it over apple blossoms, which is a problem since they bloom at the same time in the spring!). Mtn Margie is right, avoid sprayed ones, but they are edible in their entirety!

dandelions are not poisonous to people or chickens. they actually are sold here in cali as salad greens! we sell seeds believe it or not here at the nursery I work at!

Yeah I told my hubby how good dandelions were for chickens and how much I was feeding them and he just shook his head and walked away!
lau.gif
He now no longer weed eats where the chickens are and he asks what he can spray or fertalise (I sure wish this site had spell check!!!) You will just have to bear with me and read phonicly. I really do love him, he tries to make me happy, but i keep onchanging the rules!
clap.gif

Mine enjoy dandelions- just the leaves, they don't eat the flowers. They especially appreciate it when I chop them up.
Quote:
What browser do you use? If you use Internet Explorer, download iespell from www.iespell.com/ (it's free and very good). With Firefox, click on tools, add-ons and search for a spell checker. The one I use is the United States English Spellchecker, from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/united-states-english-spellche/
Opera
and Chrome have spell checkers built in. I don't know about other browsers, but most should either have them built in or have free ones for download.

Back
Top Bottom