Are EE eggs as hard to see through as brown ones are?

macmama

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Gilbert AZ
I just tried to candle (day 5) and I have a really crappy flashlight, but I thought I'd at least be able to see into my blue EE eggs. Nope.
sad.png
I could clearly see veining in my one very light SL egg (it's almost white), but I couldn't see anything in my brown eggs. All I saw in my EE eggs was the outline of the yolk... but no veining. Are they duds? Or are blue eggs deceivingly hard to see into?

I could just barely see veining in my last hatch at day 12, but I did see movement (and all 5 ended up hatching) Please tell it's the flashlight and not the eggs...

Green/Blue eggs are hard to see through and I don't know why. I have some now, that are almost set to lockdown, that have been hard to see into, I can at least see movement in them, but wait til day 10 to candle and use a very bright light and wait til its pitch black outside. A little easier than the Marans eggs that I have in with them, but still harder to see in than a regular brown or white egg. Just be patient I know it's hard but most likely rewarding too
smile.png
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
GOOD LUCK
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Harder, in my experience.

I hatched out several BO, and sexlink, and even some Cuckoo Marans brown eggs, and most of them I could candle ENOUGH to tell if they were developing. I hatched out a few big green EE eggs, and they were harder than the brown eggs to candle in my opinion (though the 3 clears that I pulled WERE in fact clears so I guess it's not impossible)

Oh good! Thanks guys, I'll just wait until day 10 or 12 to see movement. I got the eggs from a breeder down the street, and with my last hatch 5/5 ended up hatching out, so I figured it was me and not the 3 EE eggs. I'm going to Home Depot today to get a spotlight or a high-powered flashlight.

Is it weird that I could see the outline of the yolk though? I never saw that in my brown eggs (of course, I never saw clear veining in them either-- just hints of movement)

Back
Top Bottom