Are guineas noisy?

I would like to point out that while Guineas are loud, they are not obnoxious. At least to me. I have plenty of room for them, far away from neighbors. Their chatter is a welcome part of the rural landscape, along with the roosters, hens and goats.

LOUD, LOUD,LOUD!!!!!! But I love them. The males are the ones that make the alarm calls. It first I thought I was going to have to dispatch them but I came to appreciate them with time. Neighbors have been tolerant. The ones I've spoken with understand deer tick control and their kids are amused. By the way. I recently found a fox den with two adults and four kits less than 50 yards from my run (which is varmint proof so far). I know that when I hear them at night they are aware of the foxes. Couldn't live without them now!!

Yes they are loud thats why they called the guard dog of the barnyard. They will chirp at anything that is unfamiliar. but they are fun to have i would talk to your neighbors and see if they woud mind they are well worth the noise they make

I LOVE THAT MY GUINEAS ARE LOUD....GOD MADE THEM THAT WAY.....YA KNOW!
love.gif
Guineas are wonderful watchdogs and help keep snakes away, eat tics, so what's a little noise for the good they do!
hmm.png

I have a pair,and they are pretty noisy, but not all the time. They can go for hours without making a sound, and when they do start their racket, its only for a few minutes. Im in the middle of 10 acres, with 10 acre farms all around me, and a 200 acre cattle farm across the street, so Im not to concerned about the noise. If it were just a little more populated, tho, I might be.

You probably live on too small of a piece of property for guineas. I doubt they would stay in that small yard. And yes, most guineas can be loud at times.

My boyfriend and I live in the suburbs on less than an acre. We just got a guinea. He's about 4 weeks old right now. We got him at the feed store one day on a whim and didn't know how loud they were.

he.gif

We really love him though, so we don't want to get rid of him/her. I'm pretty worried . . .

It's kind of a bad neighborhood . . . police cars coming around often enough to make you wonder, clay pidgeons and BB's showing up in your backyard, a break-in a while back, a semi-abandoned house across the street with a front yard of 4' high dead grass and a "VIOLATION" sign tacked on it. I don't know if this stuff makes people around here more tolerant to guinae level noise, or less.

The other neighbors across the street have a bunch of chickens and even a turkey or two, and occasionally we've had a trio of a cock and two hens come through the backyard.

Do you think we should talk to all the neighbors to try to garner their support? I'm kind of afraid to . . . I don't think we're zoned . . .
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom