Kittys Coop

Songster
Mar 31, 2021
Upstate New York
Hi! I’m trying to find ways for my closed run silkies to have some enrichment. Some blog posts online say that indoor bird toys are fine, some disagree. Anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?

Hi! I’m trying to find ways for my closed run silkies to have some enrichment. Some blog posts online say that indoor bird toys are fine, some disagree. Anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?
One of my pullers was inside in a dog crate with a foot injury a couple months ago. I bought her a hanging bird toy of wood, wood beads, and some straw. She spent some time pecking at paying attention to it without eating the straw. The thing she liked most was a flat empty red & white candy tin. She loved pecking on it and moving it around so much that I put it in the outside run when she integrated back in. All the girls love it now. I think they like the sound? And maybe the color too.

One of my pullers was inside in a dog crate with a foot injury a couple months ago. I bought her a hanging bird toy of wood, wood beads, and some straw. She spent some time pecking at paying attention to it without eating the straw. The thing she liked most was a flat empty red & white candy tin. She loved pecking on it and moving it around so much that I put it in the outside run when she integrated back in. All the girls love it now. I think they like the sound? And maybe the color too.
That sounds like an idea lol. Like one of those cheap tins they sell at dollar stores?

Back
Top Bottom