Are my bantams FRIZZLE??

I tend to lean to no but I don't know about a partial frizzle so maybe it's just going to be very fluffy?

Here's an 11-day-old frizzle. (Mottled silkie) The feathers on the feet are even frizzled.

View attachment 3783526
What a sweet looking baby! Yeah, I've never had a frizzle before so I have no idea and that's why I posted the updated pictures to see what I have going on. It's 3 weeks old today. I've gotten mixed responses, so it confuses me even more. 😆

What a sweet looking baby! Yeah, I've never had a frizzle before so I have no idea and that's why I posted the updated pictures to see what I have going on. It's 3 weeks old today. I've gotten mixed responses, so it confuses me even more. 😆
Thank you. I sure hope it's a hen as if it's a roo, I can't keep it due to having a couple of frizzle hens in my flock.

Frizzles usually have feathers like sticks poking out all over the place, although yours does have flat/smooth ones raised, so it's got me stumped! It's very beautiful!

Here's another young one, and an old one.
chick funny looking.jpg

rooster frizzle.png

Thank you. I sure hope it's a hen as if it's a roo, I can't keep it due to having a couple of frizzle hens in my flock.

Frizzles usually have feathers like sticks poking out all over the place, although yours does have flat/smooth ones raised, so it's got me stumped! It's very beautiful!

View attachment 3783543

View attachment 3783561
Woah, he's so pretty!

View attachment 3783543

View attachment 3783561
Oh my!! They're gorgeous. I am so jealous. Lol I've wanted a frizzle, so badly but I haven't had luck finding any! Other than this one, which I can't tell if it is a frizzle! And thank you!! She will be beautiful no matter what but I'd definitely be excited if she turns out to be frizzle after all.

Yes, but like I said, it's growing raised feathers nonetheless. It's going to be interesting to see! Maybe not frizzled, but it's going to be gorgeous! Please tag me in a month and post a picture when it is fully feathered.
I will absolutely do that! I'm interested to see what the feathers will turn out to look like!

Back
Top Bottom