Are my ducklings malpositioned?

Holcombfarmz

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2019
6D3F8BBE-6172-4730-A60C-BD9709DCE598.jpeg
These three guys internally pipped. Two days later I added safety hole then 24 hours after opened the air cell. I added safety hole after one of them quit showing movement and I wanted to try and save them all. This is how all three were positioned upon finding them deceased. Is this normal positioning?
Thank you.
I got 3/6 hatch perfectly so I didn’t think I did too bad for my first time.
Also let me know if anything else looks off for next time. I think next time I will add safety hole after 24 hr of no external pip? Maybe even immediately after internal?
Thank you

I had my humidity at 50-55% (temp 99.5) for the first 18 days like I’d read. But then I found this forum and was able to do more research and realized my air cells were too small and so I ran my incubator dry until day 23 when everyone started interally pipping. Then I ran it at 70-74% (temp 98.5) for the last four days while everyone was (or wasn’t) hatching. My favorite drake went off to have dinner with the local coyotes so I was in a hurry to preserve some of his eggs from my favorite female. Thank goodness for amazon 2 day shipping.

So sorry for the losses, but you are right, not bad for a first time!
I agree, it looks pretty wet, so I’d say humidity was too high. I can’t really tell where the air cell was, so it’s hard for me to guess on the positioning. Looks like it would have been a beautiful duckling.

Hope we get to see the ones that hatched! :)

:welcome

Oh, I hate that your drake is gone! I have been letting mine out of their run the past few nights to forage in the grass while I'm out with them cleaning their water buckets and pool and I've noticed that even my new young drake is always alert and watching while the girls are foraging. :hit

ED7E3E05-A489-4B85-844E-979C593085B4.jpeg
Not ready right? I was checking on him all night and he had stopped chewing like he was done absorbing. All the blood vessels at the top were receded. But of course as soon as I reach his leg he was like “NO I’m not finished eating!!!” And started back up chewing and yawning. I tried to get th blood vessels at bottom also to show I think they’re still full also.
Let me know what you think.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom