Are my ducklings malpositioned?

Holcombfarmz

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2019
6D3F8BBE-6172-4730-A60C-BD9709DCE598.jpeg
These three guys internally pipped. Two days later I added safety hole then 24 hours after opened the air cell. I added safety hole after one of them quit showing movement and I wanted to try and save them all. This is how all three were positioned upon finding them deceased. Is this normal positioning?
Thank you.
I got 3/6 hatch perfectly so I didn’t think I did too bad for my first time.
Also let me know if anything else looks off for next time. I think next time I will add safety hole after 24 hr of no external pip? Maybe even immediately after internal?
Thank you

So sorry for the losses, but you are right, not bad for a first time!
I agree, it looks pretty wet, so I’d say humidity was too high. I can’t really tell where the air cell was, so it’s hard for me to guess on the positioning. Looks like it would have been a beautiful duckling.

Hope we get to see the ones that hatched! :)

:welcome

I had my humidity at 50-55% (temp 99.5) for the first 18 days like I’d read. But then I found this forum and was able to do more research and realized my air cells were too small and so I ran my incubator dry until day 23 when everyone started interally pipping. Then I ran it at 70-74% (temp 98.5) for the last four days while everyone was (or wasn’t) hatching. My favorite drake went off to have dinner with the local coyotes so I was in a hurry to preserve some of his eggs from my favorite female. Thank goodness for amazon 2 day shipping.

Back
Top Bottom