are my eggs ok? Got new chicks! come take a look at the video!

Ok so I need help deciding whether I should hook up the egg cam to watch the chicks hatch live from my bed or let it be a surprise. What do yall think?

I think you should settle down and let nature take it's course.

As the old saying goes "A watched pot never boils." I know it's very exciting, but calm down, relax, let things happen.

Happy hatching to the chicks - YOU need to go watch TV!
lol.png

My stomach is doing flips! I want them to hatch...NOW
ya.gif
Trust me I am watching plenty of TV. Ugg I am so nervous! Do you think they will hatch tomorrow? One already has 3 small pips.

I always enjoy waking up to surprise chicks.
lol.png

Also remember that some breeds take longer to hatch. I just did a hatch of BLRW and BBS Orps and just about all of the BLRW were out of the shell, by the time the Orps we just pipping good. About a full day behind. Good luck!!!

Try to get you some sleep and if you wake up in the middle of the night you can always check but time will go by faster if you try to take your mind off it.

Well, I went to sleep and woke up at 7:30 this morning...nothing.
hit.gif
Is this normal? The pips are very small and they haven gotten any bigger.

Ok here is a picture of the 3 pips. I circled them, though you cant see the third one.
56148_imga0335.jpg

as you can (barely) see, the pips are very small. Should I take a tooth pick and help them?

Do Not Open That Bator!!!

Not trying to be mean or anything but nature will do fine on it's own they will hatch if you don't open it up and KILL them by shrink wrapping them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom