Are my Khaki Campells females or males?

Is this a boy 'qwacking' ? I can post longer videos with better visual if that helps. He/she doesn't speak much, so this was the only time I managed to get audio. :)
I have a male Khaki Campbell and Mallard and they are both quite vocal, just more quiet than those hens that squack so loud. lol

Do they sound like the duckling in the video? I don't think the voice is raspy and it does not sound like the audio I found of a male duck...
They sound similiar and my Husband tried his best to convince me that my Khaki Campbell was a girl because he never shuts up. It was a boy for sure though. Hopefully yours will end up being a girl, I just wanted to let you know that some are more vocal than others and just have a quieter voice, not necessarily so raspy.

They sound similiar and my Husband tried his best to convince me that my Khaki Campbell was a girl because he never shuts up. It was a boy for sure though. Hopefully yours will end up being a girl, I just wanted to let you know that some are more vocal than others and just have a quieter voice, not necessarily so raspy.
My drake was the one with the darker backside just above the tail. Does this one have a darker backside or is it lighter. It really was right on for sexing mine. Mine still does not have a green head. He got the curl feather at the end of his tail when he was about 3 months old but just has a dark brown head.

My drake was the one with the darker backside just above the tail. Does this one have a darker backside or is it lighter. It really was right on for sexing mine. Mine still does not have a green head. He got the curl feather at the end of his tail when he was about 3 months old but just has a dark brown head.
Well, if he is a boy, he is the strong silent type ;) He is sweet and more easily cuddles in my arms. If I wrap myself around him he lies down, like a baby under his mother's wing.

Both have same colouring except She is browner and He is a little grayer. She was the top one in the pic so yes to the question of darker top of tail

Well, if he is a boy, he is the strong silent type ;) He is sweet and more easily cuddles in my arms. If I wrap myself around him he lies down, like a baby under his mother's wing.

Both have same colouring except She is browner and He is a little grayer. She was the top one in the pic so yes to the question of darker top of tail
Please let me know how he or she turns out. I would love to see if this theory is really that accurate. My boys were always more friendly than my females. I am not sure. Maybe they knew I would be eating their eggs for breakfast every day down the line. lol

Back
Top Bottom