Are my little ones big enough?

KickenChicken

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Vista Ca
I just wanted to know if my EE are big enough to remove the heat lamp with them inside move them outside with or with out a heat lamp or move them in the coop with the adults. They are a couple days short of 7 weeks and under a 100w bulb in the living room the house gets down to 65 at night and it gets down to the low 40's at night outside.

PC180451.JPG

They look old enough to me. Fully feathered. Mine have been outside since they were 6 weeks and I am Central Orange County ... we've nights in the low 40's. I have a light on part of the night .... but from others in colder country say, they probably don't really need it.

They sure are cute
wink.png

They look big enough but they are too small to go in with the full grown ones. they need to go in an area of their own with a heat lamp. It doesn't hurt to have a lamp for them and of course an area that they can go to if they get too warm.

Well I but them outside in a box with a heat lamp and food and water. The box is in the run with the adult birds and has an opening just big enough for them to get in. I have check up on them and they seem warm and not piled ontop of each other

ur close to us they will be fine we put ours out the day there born with a heat lamp mine are 5 weeks fully feathered and free range with the big birds

mine are about 8weeks old silkys and they have been out in the coop with our adult standard sized adults for 2weeks now i didnt have a heatsource for them at 1st but i just put a heat lamp in and they seem fine in SE ohio

Back
Top Bottom