Are my pulleys laying eggs?!?!

TroyerGal

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 17, 2016
The Coal State
Who wants to play detective with me?! Soooo... My pullets are about... 14 weeks old. I have a bunch of different breeds of chickens. Recently, we have noticed some eggs being laid on the ground in the coop, i ALSO noticed that there were some Brahma, Gold sex link, and Ausralorp feathers in the makeshift "nests" on the ground. if these were NOT the pullets, why in the world would my nice, already laying hennies start laying on the ground when they have clean, big nesting boxes to do it in instead???

Thanks Y'all! ~Troyergal

P.S i do NOT have any other breeds of already laying hens except Red sex links
D.gif

when my pullets started laying all of them were laying in one nest in the corner of the coop which was all fine and dandy since it was in one spot but they kept burying the eggs under stray as the scratched which i found out while cleaning the coop. they finally started laying in the boxes when i started to put a fake egg in the box, you can also just put keep a real egg in the box and just switch it out every once in a while

if that's not possible you can examine their vent (gross i know but it does work) and if the vent seems shrunken and dry they are not laying if it's moist and large then they are if you can't tell you can look at the vents of your layers and compare

Back
Top Bottom