My chicken has stopped laying eggs

Hello! Just a few suggestions I’m really no expert but is she a seasonal layer? Our hens don’t lay through out the winter we’re hoping they’ll start again soon! Or perhaps just a small break? Our duck lays approximately 300 eggs a year so there are a few odd days or weeks where she won’t lay 😊

Age, Diet, is she molting? When did she last lay?
These^^^ are good and essential questions.

...also @CluckCluck_SqueakSqueak .....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1711120590928.png

She usually lays abt 1-3 eggs a day no matter the weather.
1-3 every day?!

and she’s free range so a variety of food?
Does she have regular chicken ration to eat?

Free range birds sometimes need to be 'trained'(or re-trained) to lay in the coop nests, especially new layers. Leaving them locked in the coop/run for a week or so can help 'home' them to lay in the coop nests. Fake eggs/golf balls in the nests can help 'show' them were to lay. They can be confined to coop and maybe run 24/7 for a few days to a week, provided you have adequate space and ventilation, or confine them at least until mid to late afternoon. You help them create a new habit and they will usually stick with it. ..at least for a good while, then repeat as necessary.

My chicken lavender has stopped laying eggs and I have already been making sure it’s not raccoons or opossums. Any idea what’s wrong?
I'm having the same issue with 3 of my girls...but I saw about 6 rats back there so wondering if its stress from rats...just ordered a Ratinator trap. Do you have an rodents running around late at night? I think that is my problem because they were all laying an egg a day and suddenly stopped.

Back
Top Bottom