My hen stopped laying...

Laddu

Songster
May 1, 2021
India
Hey there...
My hen has stopped laying eggs since her last molt .. and already 3-4 months have passed.
And I don't think she will be laying any egg in future.
So I wanna know what kind of feed should I give to her..
Can I give her all grower feed (6-40 weeks) chicken feed . As it has no protein.

As it has no protein.
It has protein. It also has calcium but not at a level required by an active layer for shell formation.
Feeding chick starter or grower is excellent for hatch to death feeding. As is any All Flock or Flock Raiser type feed. Just put one or two containers of oyster shell out for free choice feeding by active layers and you never have to change the way you feed.

It has protein. It also has calcium but not at a level required by an active layer for shell formation.
Feeding chick starter or grower is excellent for hatch to death feeding. As is any All Flock or Flock Raiser type feed. Just put one or two containers of oyster shell out for free choice feeding by active layers and you never have to change the way you feed.
We have this grower feed and the layerer feed..?
How would I know if she never going to lay any egg ??
I have only one pet chicken that's why Im concerned for her health

Hey there...
My hen has stopped laying eggs since her last molt .. and already 3-4 months have passed.
And I don't think she will be laying any egg in future.
So I wanna know what kind of feed should I give to her..
Can I give her all grower feed (6-40 weeks) chicken feed . As it has no protein.
How old is your hen?

We have this grower feed and the layerer feed..?
How would I know if she never going to lay any egg ??
I have only one pet chicken that's why Im concerned for her health
If you offered her the oyster shell on the side, it wouldn't matter. She would consume that too meet her extra calcium needs if she started to lay again.
Keeping birds on a higher protein level all flock type feed is superior to using layer feed which has less protein and forces them to consume calcium that they do not always need.
How old is she? Where are you keeping her?

Back
Top Bottom