are pigeons friendlier than chickens

maybe, maybe not.
lol.png

both will be friendly, both can be unfriendly, depends on you.

In my honest opinion, chickens are better for interacting with than pigeons. I've had a few friendlier pigeons, but nothing that would just hang out on my arm or let me hold them. My chickens on the other hand will sit on my lap and come up to see what I'm doing. I can hold them without fearing that they'll fly away and they are a little bit easier to handle than pigeons. However, I do have doves that are very friendly. I don't know why those were always so much more friendly than my pigeons because I never really did anything different between the two.

my oldest boy had a roller pigeon that would sit on his shoulder like he was a pirate...I have several others that think I am a great roost when I bend over to fill feeders...none of the chickens do that (but that might just prove the chickens are smarter cuz i yell) of course I also have a couple chickens that willnot stop following you around when you go to feed...I have stepped on one pullet so many times I am surprised she is still around

Back
Top Bottom