Are sebright chicks really hard to raise?

This is the book that I read it from.

That is good news to hear.
smile.png

Last edited:
I also heard that and am relieved to read your responses. My 2 silver and 2 gold sebrights arrived yesterday at the post office along with four mystery standard yellow chicks. They seem fine, a little sleepy at first. I put vitamins in their water and they perked up. They just look so tiny with the regular chicks! There are 13 chicks in two brooders in our laundry room and I promised my family these are the last for a while.
We have 12 four and five week olds in the coop now, austrolorps, RIRs , americaunas, sex, link, barred rock, and two silkies. We put the bigger ones in the garden for a couple of hours and they loved picking at the bugs and eventually settled for a nap under the zucchini leaves.
I haven't had chickens in years and forgot how much fun they are and the relaxation that comes from watching them.
This site is a wealth of info, so glad to find you all!
Karen

I have a question about Sebrights. I have one hen and am looking on getting several more. Mine is a golden Sebright. I heard that is you breed a silver and golden together that you will get some of each. Is this true?

Oh i forgot to tell you despite their small size they are rather bossy little boogers. Mine along with the millie fleur is the top hen. They but the regular sized polish in their place despite the fact that they are double their size.

Quote:
My understanding of Sebrights is that they are sex-linked. If you mate a Silver Roo with a Golden Hen you will get silver chicks. and the opposite. Golden Roo + silver hen = golden chicks.

Please let me know if this is incorrect. I have Goldens and would like Silvers. I thought about just getting a Silver roo if this is true. My golden hens will have both if I have one roo of each.

Hmmmmmmmm...
idunno.gif

I have two 4 week old goldens and I just love them! My little BTW japanese babies are even tinier and sweeter but the Sebrights are neat and fairly fearless. They are big flyers so be prepared for that!

Back
Top Bottom