Are there any actual scientific studies on Apple Cider Vinegar?

Quote:
Great article! Puts an end to all doubts about the benefits of apple cider vinegar with chickens. I used ACV regularly for my birds, recognizing its great value. Earlier this year, tho, I switched to 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide. Since applying this to my birds' watering system, mold or bacteria cannot grow at all in the gravity fed 11 gallon tank (x2). Because H2O2 kills all bacteria, good and bad, my birds' layer diet is supplemented with Kefir, known to contain over 42 good bacteria, yeasts and beneficial items in it, far more than yogurt. Plus it is easy to make your own kefir so as not to pay high prices of this unique food.

My birds LOVE kefir! Hydrogen Peroxide eh? My Husband loves to gargle with it but I didn't know you could ingest it. Interesting.

You know, the truth for me is, I put this stuff in their water and yet what they really want to drink is the nastiest, most foul bit of water in the deepest mud puddle they can find no matter if their given water is pure or has ACV in it - or my beer. One also loves Diet Coke so I have to be careful not to put a can down where she can knock it over and drink it
lol.png

Quote:
Of course! Why didn't I think of that.
Thank you, this was EXACTLY what I was looking for.
bow.gif

I'm sold.

Hey Lazy J-- thanks so much for the article:
http://www.pjbs.org/ijps/fin1235.pdf

Just read the abstract and skimmed it---hopefully time for indepth will materialize.

One reason that I use ACV is that I have heard the chicken's gut is optimum in acidic condition. -- our water us neutral to alkaline, so vinegar makes sense.

For people who's chickens prefer the mud, I wonder if it is rain-water and thus more acidic than the water provided to them. (maybe they just like the coffe/tea color?)

I have plants that cannot absorb nutrients without acidic environment (think blueberries). Perhaps the ACV is enabling the chickens to absorb/process more nutrients from their feed. Lazy J Farms Feed and Hay's post sure shows a definite difference due to the vinegar.

For people who's chickens prefer the mud, I wonder if it is rain-water and thus more acidic than the water provided to them. (maybe they just like the coffe/tea color?)

I can offer them something like gatorade this summer to help with the heat and have them refuse to touch it until I pour it out on the ground.. then it's yummy all the sudden. I think they just like dirt.​

Quote:
this is the bottom line of it all.....From ACV to herbs to homeopathy etc etc etc........"scientific research" is paid for by those it benefits to the tune of millions of dollars....

5000 years of chinese medicine might override a university study funded by merck

There has to be something to the old adage "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."

So what can it hurt, besides your pocketbook. I go through about 5 gallons of water a day, I can't afford $4 for a pint of Bragg's that often, but I am definitely going to start my own.

Quote:
this is the bottom line of it all.....From ACV to herbs to homeopathy etc etc etc........"scientific research" is paid for by those it benefits to the tune of millions of dollars....

5000 years of chinese medicine might override a university study funded by merck

I would have to agree with this!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom