Are there any Doctors on BYC?

Also, as an aside, BP machines aren't always accurate. We don't use them ont he ambulances because of this. Its much more accurate to use a good old BP cuff and a stethoscope. Its fairly easy to do, just takes a good ear. Your mom may want to see if she can learn how to do it this way. Then she can still use the machine, but if she has questions about a reading, she can also do it manually.

I am a CNA and take blood pressures everyday. That BP is perfectly fine. Don't worry, I don't know what book she has but that sounds crazy. The bottom number matters more than the top number as the top number is more effected by stress, pain etc. Deep breaths, he is fine.

So it's fine?I was thinking that anything over 120 systolic is hypertention...Darn study book,gave me a scare!
barnie.gif

No.... Its fine. Those machines aren't normally very accurate anyways. And anything a little above the norm is fine. Most people consider 120 over 80 to be perfect. Stop the worryin- cause health problems and elevated bp...lol just kiddin.. I do the same thing when I look at those books- start diagnosin everyone I know! lol,... DH banned me from MayoClinic..lol...... Oh and the bottom number matters more anyways

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom