Are there anyways to deter foxes?

Pics
Thx my aim with a rifle is good can i use any rifle?
I dont plan on shooting them tho
The best rifle to use is the one you're most familiar with and can handle safely and accurately. I just mentioned .30/30 because it's just one of several different firearms we have. It's a good all-around rifle for the farm and hunting, and doesn't have much recoil.

If you don't plan on shooting foxes, then why ask which rifle to use? If you don't want to injure the animal, but want to get their attention, then consider a paint-ball gun or pellet rifle instead. Pellets may injure somewhat, but they're not likely to kill the fox.

The best rifle to use is the one you're most familiar with and can handle safely and accurately. I just mentioned .30/30 because it's just one of several different firearms we have. It's a good all-around rifle for the farm and hunting, and doesn't have much recoil.

If you don't plan on shooting foxes, then why ask which rifle to use? If you don't want to injure the animal, but want to get their attention, then consider a paint-ball gun or pellet rifle instead. Pellets may injure somewhat, but they're not likely to kill the fox.
I was just askin if it became a big problem for what rifle srry. I have a bb gun would that work to if I dont need to kill it.

I was just askin if it became a big problem for what rifle srry. I have a bb gun would that work to if I dont need to kill it.
Oh no need to be sorry! I didn't mean to sound sarcastic at all, just curious why the question. A BB gun could work if you can get close enough, but that's not likely - and unless the BBs can penetrate their fur, they likely won't feel enough pain to deter anything. Pellets will work better.

Oh no need to be sorry! I didn't mean to sound sarcastic at all, just curious why the question. A BB gun could work if you can get close enough, but that's not likely - and unless the BBs can penetrate their fur, they likely won't feel enough pain to deter anything. Pellets will work better.
Oh lol I thought you were anoyed that I asked. Thx I can use a pellet gun. I can always use my rifle if I want to. Thx for helping. Have a good day!😄😄

Electric fencing, and/ or dogs.
Shooting a critter with a pellet gun or BB gun is considered animal abuse many places, it causes injuries, pain, and infections, not good.
Many of us don't have good areas where it's safe to use projectile weapon, with neighbors, the road, and our own animals in the field of fire. When possible, a 22 is effective, although it makes more sense to have electric fencing (if legal) and a dog or two.
Foxes are smart and hard to live trap, and should only happen if you plan to then shoot.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom