Are these almost 5 week old EEs cockerels? (pic heavy)

Jayzandra

Songster
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
Mohave County, Arizona
The dark one I hatched out on the 19th of March. The light one is a hatchery EE hatched on the 17th of March. It was really hard to get the pics because they don't want to stand still. I have somebody that wants both of them if they're cockerel. Anyway, the dark one first...

I see three rows here.

And here's the light one. I really hope this one is a girl. I love the coloring.

I feel like I can see three rows when I'm looking at this one, but I really can't tell.

KieksterChicken

Songster
6 Years
May 9, 2013
Florida
The light one looks pullet if you go by the comb but not sure you can depend 100% on the comb to sex them yet..lol. Not sure on the dark one.

Lady of McCamley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 19, 2011
NW Oregon
They look to be pullets...both of them...the dark one looks to be the typical female EE partridge pattern, so almost with certainty.

Lady of McCamley

Cyan Night

Songster
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
The first one looks like a pullet, but the second one kind of worries me since the pattern looks like of splotchy. But hopefully you have two girlies there

MadabtChickens

Songster
8 Years
7 Years
Jan 24, 2012
near Branson, MO
Cute. Usually the ones I see like that are boys. But that's a nice hen
Yeah. It's very hard to tell with EEs because the hens can also have rooster coloring/patterns. I wait for saddle/hackle feathers or for their combs to start getting bigger, or reddening up before the others. I have Cochin/EEs that are about 6 weeks old and it is very apparent there are 3 out of 8 that are cockerels because their combs are big and red.

Top Bottom