Are these boogers

luv2cris

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 22, 2016

Ivery been trying wet quips, feathers I even managed to get some with tweezers... but I don't want to hurt her... how aggressively should i try and get these out? Shes

a mouth breather right now and sneezes loudly. I had her in the house but now she's in the insulated garage. I feel bad but I'll bring her back in the house in the morning so she's not alone.

Attachments

• 20231011_205443.jpg
    20231011_205443.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 106

Ivery been trying wet quips, feathers I even managed to get some with tweezers... but I don't want to hurt her... how aggressively should i try and get these out? Shes

a mouth breather right now and sneezes loudly. I had her in the house but now she's in the insulated garage. I feel bad but I'll bring her back in the house in the morning so she's not alone.
Pretty!

Is she the only one that's got this?
Are her eyes swollen too, or is it just the picture?

All chickens sneeze for various reasons, but if she's doing it often, has trouble breathing, and has got snot too, then she may have an upper respiratory infection. If you have any VetRX, you could rub some under her wings and above her nostrils. That's like Vicks for chickens, so won't cure anything but might make her breath a little easier. What she'll probably need, though, is antibiotics. Do you have any antibiotics or a vet to prescribe them for you?

In the meantime, oregano oil or just oregano flakes is a low-level natural antibiotic that could help, but it doesn't do what a real antibiotic does.

Thank you, yes she's all black and adorable. She's the only one. I have to apologize for the initial post and all the errors lol... no glasses and late night posting to blame. I am doing the oregano oil, for the whole flock. I just don't want to keep picking at something that cant come out...

Does she have any bubbles or gunk in the eye? Clean off any mucus from nostrils with warm water or saline. Flush any eye issue with saline or eye wash and apply Terramycin eye ointment twice a day. Sneezing can be from irritation, dust, mold, poor air circulation in the coop, or from a respiratory infection. Many infections are from a virus, and antibiotics would only help if it is bacterial, such as mycoplasma or coryza. Have you added any new birds recently?

Does she have any bubbles or gunk in the eye? Clean off any mucus from nostrils with warm water or saline. Flush any eye issue with saline or eye wash and apply Terramycin eye ointment twice a day. Sneezing can be from irritation, dust, mold, poor air circulation in the coop, or from a respiratory infection. Many infections are from a virus, and antibiotics would only help if it is bacterial, such as mycoplasma or coryza. Have you added any new birds recently?
No bubbles or gunk in eye. I've been bringing her in at night so she eats well and stays warm. Just that Yello crust thing in her nostrils which I've been unsuccessful in getting out. I don't want to hurt her.

Back
Top Bottom