"Are these boys are girls, please help!!

KIDDSBANTAMS

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
Lexington
I purchased these a few days ago and were told they were pullets, but I think at least one is a boy, what do u think? 6-8 weeks , I think. Yes they are Austrlorps, very friendly so I hate to return them, but I do not want a rooster. I don't know for sure how old they are, I was told they were pullets also, any help on both would be nice. Some of the pics are taken very close up, so that may make them look bigger. They are fully feather, but they still peep, if that helps. They also do that facing off with each other but I'm hoping 1 is a pullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one is a rooster, I can see the saddle feathers in the first picture. The other ones appear to be female, but clear side views would be helpful.

Are these Australorps? One looks like a pullet the other a roo. But, some of my Aussie girls had much larger combs than others. I would give them another month to make sure.

Quote:
I am not sure this age is correct - they are very red for being 6 to 8 weeks, plus there are no small feathers around their face like on my chicks that age (course I do not have Australorps but I do have Orps).

Ok, I just went out and look at my group who are close to this age - mine were hatched July 7th, so are 3 months old (12 weeks) - none are as red as yours (not that that fact in itself means much) but they also are just starting to loose the tiny feathers on their face - yours are much bare-er.

I am guessing they are older.

I also think both are cockerels.
hide.gif
I hope I am wrong, but I would not have sold them as pullets from my flock.

I don't lnow for sure how old they are, I was told they were pullets also, any help on both would be nice. Some of the pics are taken very close up, so that may make them look bigger. They are fully feather, but they still peep, if that helps. They also do that facing off with each other but I'm hoping 1 is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom