Are these budgies boys or girls?

Someone stated you can't tell 100% the sex without DNA testing. This is true for many parrot and parakeet species however this is not true for budgies.
Keep in mind up until they are 4 months it can be hard to sex a baby budgie
Male baby budgies have translucent purple/pink cere (which is the fleshy part above the beak where the nostrils are.
whereas females tend to have bluish/purplish cere with a hint of white around the nostrils.

The link given above for cute little birdie has some wonderful information not just for sexing but other things as well.

My budgies loved to eat carrots broccoli dandelion greens buy these from store as many in yards are sprayed, also greens like turnips carrots, mustard, kale, etc.
I weave them in the bares or stick broccoli in the bars as well as carrots etc. This promotes foraging which is what they do in the wild they fly long distances to find food so having them go from place to place promotes good healthy birds. Also doing all this while young is a good idea. Also a good healthy seed mix and fresh millet not the cheap stuff sold in many grocery stores sold in plastic i mean the large stalks. These are what i use
http://www.mysafebirdstore.com/product.cgi?group=2607&product=4832

I actually order most my stuff from here NO not getting anything to say that or promote it just offer good prices on good foods

etc is better. You can buy like 6 stalks keep in paper bag and 6 costs like 3.00 and you can cut them into 3s as millet is like a candy for birds no real nutritional value so not a lot a 3rd of a stalk every 3 days IF the first is empty.

Sorry i tend to go one when it comes to helping new bird owners. I have done rescue and education for years. I have also visited a friends farm several times and helped her care for her chickens which i love doing. I can't have my own but love helping friends with theirs. I wish i had a friend who loved closer to me as mine lives in SC and i am in MD.

Anyway if you have any questions feel free to contact me

April

Thank you Duckgirl77 and Brooksmom! I really appreciate the info!they are molting I think, tons of little feathers everywhere! I'll post another pic soon but skittles (green) cere is more blue/white and gizmos cere is still purple

sounds like the first molt. they may like a warm misting i have a mister bottle i hold above to let them feel it is raining.this can soften the new pin feathers.

Enjoy your lil guys they also love little toys i had one that played basketball it was so cute

Back
Top Bottom