Are these cochins, if so what color?

Production Partridge Cochin Bantam:
780153000_a980949838.jpg

Quote:
I am sorry but they are poor/hatchery quality cochins. Murray, Ideal and these other HUGE hatcheries and the breeding farms the eggs come from do NOT breed for quality, they breed for quantity. Nothing is wrong with the Cochins, just bad type. Look at the photos closely and you will see poor feathering on the shanks.

I have to disagree with the partridge cochin idea. I got cochins from Ideal in August, and even though they're hatchery quality, mine are much fluffier, have the rounded rump, and you can't even see their feet and legs because of all the feathering. I don't know what these are, but I just don't think they're cochins.

I still believe they are partridge cochins just pet quality like others stated. They are suppose to be much fluffier but some are slower to mature than others. The pic below is a brown/red cochin bantam roo, when he was a baby he had hardly any fluffy feathers and took forever to get his big boy feathers in but when he did WOW.
10663_img_0104.jpg

Could they be crosses? They don't look cochin to me at all. I've had partridge cochins from a hatchery before and they were nothing like that.

Looks like you've got a male partridge in there! LOL! Along with a Salmon Faverolle cockerel! LOL! You are just ROLLING in them aren't you! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom