Are these Columbian Wyandottes or some other breed?

FL_chick

Chirping
May 12, 2021
Hi! First time chicken owner here. A few weeks ago I got 6 chicks. Two of them are easter eggers, 2 are sapphires gems, and the other 2 in question are supposed to be Columbian Wyandottes, but they don't really look like the pictures I've seen. They don't have white feathers and, compared to when I first got them (see pics 1 & 2 below) there's some variation between how the two of them look now (see pics 3 & 4) with one being lighter and the other being a bit darker . They're only a few weeks old -- 4 ish by my estimate. Any ideas?
20210424_131127.jpg 20210430_131800.jpg 20210507_165905_2.jpg 20210511_210927.jpg

Interesting! Their legs definitely have some green (or darker) coloring to them and aren't all one color. I can probably get a better picture, but you can kinda see if you zoom in on the last photo of the one on my hand. It sounds like I may have 4 Sapphire Gems on my hands! That or the other two that I originally thought were Sapphire Gems aren't at all and are something else entirely, haha!
That's what I'm thinking as well!

they look like either blue copper marans, blue or lavender orpingtons, steele eggers, olive eggers, or blue cuckoo marans. send updates in a few weeks, it will be easier to tell. Once they're laying, if you still don't know the breeds egg colors will help narrow it down

they look like either blue copper marans, blue or lavender orpingtons, steele eggers, olive eggers, or blue cuckoo marans. send updates in a few weeks, it will be easier to tell. Once they're laying, if you still don't know the breeds egg colors will help narrow it down
Thank you so much!! I had thought maybe blue copper or blue cuckoo marans, but I didn't know about the others. I'll definitely post updates as they get larger! My fear now is that I'm going to end up with a rooster on my hands. Thanks again!

Thank you so much!! I had thought maybe blue copper or blue cuckoo marans, but I didn't know about the others. I'll definitely post updates as they get larger! My fear now is that I'm going to end up with a rooster on my hands. Thanks again!
I do not think these chicks are Marans. They sure are cute though. 😊

Back
Top Bottom