Are these Easter Eggers?

lilfarm77

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 16, 2013
NH
Hi, bought 8 pullet Easter Eggers that came along with 15 packing peanuts!!! Are these the Easter Eggers?

And these the packing peanuts?

Hi, bought 8 pullet Easter Eggers that came along with 15 packing peanuts!!! Are these the Easter Eggers? The one on the upper left looks like an Easter Egger, based off of the puffy cheeks. The lower left one may also be an Easter Egger. I haven't seen Easter Egger chicks that look like the other ones, but EE's can look like almost anything. What color legs do they have?

And these the packing peanuts? Yes, these look like "packing peanuts". The one on the left is probably a Barred Plymouth Rock.

Looks like. From what I can see your peanuts are barred and maybe Aussies, and probably male. If those number 15, they're your peanuts.

Hi, bought 8 pullet Easter Eggers that came along with 15 packing peanuts!!! Are these the Easter Eggers?

And these the packing peanuts?

The hatchery gave you 15 extra chicks? I know they put extra chicks in for warmth sometimes. What hatchery did you buy from?

Ideal Poultry. I was shocked at how many were in the box lol I think I figured it out! Here are all the roosters. What do I do with all of them??? Lol

Last edited:
Ideal Poultry. I was shocked at how many were in the box lol I think I figured it out! Here are all the roosters. What do I do with all of them??? Lol
Put an add for them on Cl or similar, start trying to rehome them now. Or, if you have the space and are so inclined, raise them up and butcher them. Or, cull them as chicks.

That's how the hatcheries get rid of their roosters so they don't have to kill them.

As was mentioned, there are several things you can do. If you don't want them, I don't think you should have too much trouble giving them away.

Barred Plymouth Rock is a popular breed. Some people might want a rooster for their flock, and others might want to raise them for meat.

Last edited:
The 15 black/white ones are probably Barred Rocks, and the other chicks should be EEs. Its not 100% possible that they're male, but it is very likely, as that is how hatcheries get rid of extra male chicks.

Can you tell if there are any pullets in the barred rock pic? I have been trying to figure it out!!! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom