Are these eggs alive?

I would take out the 2 with blood rings, and the 2 the that don't have veins, if they look really empty. Do you have pictures of the green egg? I'm a little confused about that one, so hopefully someone else can tell you a bit about it. At least there is one that is moving though!
Unfortunately I don’t have pictures of the dark green egg, all I can see is just darkness. The movement is good I suppose, but what if I have just one chick?

I’m in a bit of a dilemma, since yesterday it’s gone from bad to worse. Out of 6 eggs, I now only have 1 that looks good and has movement. 2 have blood rings, 2 just have no veins or anything. And the other one is a dark green egg and my light isn’t bright enough to see in.

Do I hope that the green egg is doing well and I’ll have 2 chicks?
Or should I just stop the incubation now so I don’t risk having 1 lonely chick?
Leave every egg in the bator except for the blood rings. Yes, absolutely leave the green egg in unless it starts to leak or stink. There is no reason to remove any eggs unless they stink, or show leakage which is a sign you have a ticking time bomb.
Hopefully some of the veinless eggs surprise us! What incubator are you using? Did you calibrate the temp/humidity gauges before incubating? To do this, calibrate a thermometer and a hygrometer, or multiple, and place them in the incubator to show accuracy. I can elaborate on this if you can't done it already.

And the other one is a dark green egg and my light isn’t bright enough to see in.
Are you candling in a very dark room?
That can make a huge difference.

Ok, thanks, it’s day 8 now though, should the one without the blood rings have showed at least soemthing
Yes, it should.

That is entirely up to you.

FlynnCahill said:
I would continue the incubation. Single chicks can still be just fine, ducklings, and other species similar to them make great companions as well. Plus, you might have 2 chicks. You have no reason to think that the green egg is dead other than the fact that you can't see into it.

I would continue the incubation. Single chicks can still be just fine, ducklings, and other species similar to them make great companions as well. Plus, you might have 2 chicks. You have no reason to think that the green egg is dead other than the fact that you can't see into it.
Is there any other way besides candling to see if it’s progressing or not?

Back
Top Bottom