Are these eggs edible?

That's probably true, just to spite me she would find a new place! Although, she does seem to love that one spot. I put this big box in the corner where she lays and she pushed it right out of the way! One determined chicken. She's also the one that almost knocks me over whenever I open their pen. I'm thinking of changing her name to bulldozer! But there is hope - this evening I found an egg that was actually laid in one of the nests! It's a new chickie laying, not one of the obstinate ones (there was again an egg in the corner and an egg on top of the nesting boxes). So, at least I have one intelligent hen. It will interesting to see which of these three the rest of the hens decide to copy.

Quote:
So which one is the intellegent one? The one who lays eggs where humans can take and eat them the easiest, or the ones who are already learning to hide them from you?
big_smile.png

LOL! Good question! I would say the ones that hide them, but their not hiding them! Especially not the one laying on top of the boxes. There it sits in all it's glory, just waiting for one of the other hens to step on it!

Haha! They just need some more practice at it. Let's hope they don't learn any better how to hide them and start hiding them on your front porch so you don't even have to go to them to get them!

Now wouldn't that be nice. I could get up in the morning, grab my cofee and breakfast would be waiting on my doorstep! Would hardly have to move my lazy ol' butt! Unfortunately, I'm always up before my girls - isn't there a saying about "up with the chickens"? Well, you can just go ahead and sleep in, 'cause my girls aren't up before 7:00! I blame it on them being "teenagers." LOL!

Back
Top Bottom