Are these emu eggs fertile? Hatchalong

Pics
50 days, give or take a couple days.

Heading out to get the hatcher/brooder ready. It’s a mess from 20 or so chicks (chickens) being raised in there. Hopefully it works :fl
With ducklings and chicks I know they can stay in the incubator while the others are hatching (and in some cases even help their siblings by shaking them around). In this case do you remove the emus as they hatch to avoid overcrowding/egg smashing?

Thanks again for keeping this thread updated. It's so interesting! 😁

With ducklings and chicks I know they can stay in the incubator while the others are hatching (and in some cases even help their siblings by shaking them around). In this case do you remove the emus as they hatch to avoid overcrowding/egg smashing?

Thanks again for keeping this thread updated. It's so interesting! 😁
Unfortunately, these are dinosaurs and won’t be able to stand in the incubator 😆

So far it’s way too warm in the brooder box, so making some adjustments…
DDF6DD0E-A88B-4154-B1D0-496750E9E116.jpeg

Pretty much how I feel lol

Everyone else could care less in this house 🙄

Haven’t seen Goose sit on the eggs, but they’re piled up and covered currently.

Brooder is about 92 degrees which is not quite warm enough. It’ll have to do! I’ll wait until I hear it talk back, then move it over. Couldn’t figure out a non slip surface, so sacrificed an old towel. It will spend the first couple days in here, acclimating to some regular temps and to get used to those legs.
17F364EF-2767-4D37-AA6E-FF20E100D7D2.jpeg

Did I mention that it’s killing me inside while I sit at work knowing there could be a little emu chick in the incubator? :barnie

View attachment 2980395
If I had one of these I believe I'd never let it touch the ground. I'd carry it everywhere like sweet heavy baby.

The urge to hug squeeze and kiss it would be too much. It would just have to live in the house.

Back
Top Bottom