Are these hens penciled?

Mom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dad
image.png

@sylviethecochin could you tell what the mom has in her?

I think, looking at the size of your hand in the picture, that she's a bantam cross. Her feet are white, not yellow, so at least one of her parents was probably white-skinned (though egg-laying can affect foot colour.) Neither of her parents had blue shanks. Both of her parents likely had a single comb, and neither of them had white earlobes.

Given her colours, I suspect that her father was silver-based, and the mother was gold-based (Since she has browner leakage on her feathers, one of her parents was probably gold-based. And gold and silver are sexlinked, so if the cross was the other way 'round, she'd be fully red.) but I can't tell you much else.

Do you have any idea of the potential parents? Given what I can see of her, I could narrow down a list, but I do need somewhere to start.

I think, looking at the size of your hand in the picture, that she's a bantam cross. Her feet are white, not yellow, so at least one of her parents was probably white-skinned (though egg-laying can affect foot colour.) Neither of her parents had blue shanks. Both of her parents likely had a single comb, and neither of them had white earlobes.

Given her colours, I suspect that her father was silver-based, and the mother was gold-based (Since she has browner leakage on her feathers, one of her parents was probably gold-based. And gold and silver are sexlinked, so if the cross was the other way 'round, she'd be fully red.) but I can't tell you much else.

Do you have any idea of the potential parents? Given what I can see of her, I could narrow down a list, but I do need somewhere to start.
A wish I new. She is one of my originals so I got her from a really nice old lady. I do think I have some of her sisters, but they're buff colored. She has also gave me a roo that looks just like her(white black tailed, no buff coloring) and a golden duckwind, and the girls all look the same.(that's all from the same paring) when I first got her she looked just like a white block tailed jap only her poster was like old English. This year she molted and got some buff color. She's 2 years old. I can get pic of her sons and possible sisters. Last year she had no buff coloring.

Back
Top Bottom