Are these lil’ cuties goslings?

Jun 13, 2023
I think these lil’ cuties were abandoned by a flock of wild geese that frequent the shore at my lakehouse. Not 100% sure though bc that same day & time there were also 2 domestic ducks that showed up as well (one a Pekin mix, the other, not sure, but similar to a mallard but much more muted colors). So, just wondering if anyone could confirm these babies are goslings? I have seen the domestic ducks several times since all of this occurred, they usually walk up the yard to where I keep MY farm ducks, so I imagine if the babies were theirs they would have reunited by now.
If the pic below are in fact goslings, seems odd that the geese haven’t come back for their babies? or is that not unusual?
One more thing… I have NO idea HOW i became the community duck and gosling rescue in literally ONE day, it was such an odd day lol
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_4668.jpeg
    IMG_4668.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 10
well SH*T! LOL. You guys!! I already have 2 ducks of my own that i’ve only had for about 3 months & 3 duckling eggs (one with a HIGH POTENTIAL of twins!) that are due to hatch ANY minute! I have NO idea what i’m going to do with the FIVE additional ducks that decided to show up!!! 😳. I don’t have the heart to leave all 5 to fend for themselves though. ☹️

Back
Top Bottom