Are these next 2 on pg 2 "show" quality???

i agree.. they are lionheads. My favorite is the white one
smile.png

I use to raise Lionheads, they are a great breed of rabbit!
smile.png

Good luck to your sons
smile.png

I just got given these two are these better quality? I really like the Buck. Which brings yet more questions...Any Idea what color these two would be called? Or age guess.

I think this is the Doe not 100% sure though not best picture she is really pretty and friendly
35748_rabbbit_023.jpg

This is the buck he is sooo sweet.
love.gif

35748_rabbbit_024.jpg

This guy is very big the pictures don't do him justice
35748_rabbbit_032.jpg

cute face
35748_rabbbit_033.jpg

Hi,cute bunnies!
Your doe is an agouti pattern.She looks to be an opal which is a dilute of chestnut agouti.She has what looks to be grey eyes which means she is Vienna carrier.
The last buck I'm not sure of because I forget all the minor details that would separate these colors.To me he looks like a tort,or orange,or red.He is a double mane.
It's nice you and your son can enjoy them together.
Good luck at the shows!
thumbsup.gif

To all of you wanting Lionheads,I think they ARE SO CUTE!
bun.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
droolin.gif
There should be a law against posting picures of Lion Head Bunnies!!!
th.gif

I sooo need to find a Lionhead breeder near me!!!
wee.gif

I was NOT looking they found me do to friends tough finacial issues. I went from no rabbits to 4 rabbits in 3 months lol All lionheads I now know.​

Quote:
droolin.gif
There should be a law against posting picures of Lion Head Bunnies!!!
th.gif

I sooo need to find a Lionhead breeder near me!!!
wee.gif

I was NOT looking they found me do to friends tough finacial issues. I went from no rabbits to 4 rabbits in 3 months lol All lionheads I now know.

Lucky -
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Your buck is a harlequin (I mean the color, not the breed). The doe looks to be a lilac agouti, or perhaps a lilac chinchilla. Her eye color has nothing to do with the Vienna gene, it is the odd, sort of lavender color that results from having both the chocolate and the dilute genes.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well I stand corrected,thanks.You know saying the buck is a harlequin makes perfect sense.I saw the darker markings on the buck but my first thoght was smut.I have 2 harlequin Lionheads but they have so much more of the black striping as I think of it that I didn't even think about the harli gene.
As far as the grey eyes and Vienna gene that was info given to me that I didn't realize was wrong,thanks on that too.

Bunnylady I have a bkn chestnut agouti doe with grey eyes.If I understand your post correctly I would think she would produce a lilac or choc when bred to a lilac buck.She has produced blue.

Quote:
Well I stand corrected,thanks.You know saying the buck is a harlequin makes perfect sense.I saw the darker markings on the buck but my first thoght was smut.I have 2 harlequin Lionheads but they have so much more of the black striping as I think of it that I didn't even think about the harli gene.
As far as the grey eyes and Vienna gene that was info given to me that I didn't realize was wrong,thanks on that too.

Bunnylady I have a bkn chestnut agouti doe with grey eyes.If I understand your post correctly I would think she would produce a lilac or choc when bred to a lilac buck.She has produced blue.

A lot of people seem to get confused by the Vienna gene. It doesn't always change eye color, but when it does, it changes it to bright blue (you can find Vienna heterozygotes that have one blue eye and one brown one!). In spite of what some people might tell you, there is no such thing as an "almost" blue-eyed white. Vienna doesn't produce in-between shadings of color. If a rabbit has any other eye color (including blue-grey), the color is the result of some other gene(s) than Vienna. Some people think that any bits of white on the face or feet are the result of the Vienna gene, too. The most likely cause of white "noses and toeses" is one of the Dutch genes (there are several Dutch genes; some produce more of the Dutch pattern than others. Even purebred Dutch rabbits don't always have the classic full blaze and white shoulders). Vienna can produce a pattern remarkably similar to the Dutch pattern (it has been sometimes referred to as "psuedo Dutch") so the confusion is understandable. IMO, unless you know without a doubt that there is BEW behind the Dutch-like markings on a rabbit, odds are, its just Dutch.

Are you sure your doe is a Chestnut? Chestnut is the result of the full color (D) gene; a Chestnut shouldn't have grey eyes. The dilute gene (d) is usually responsible for grey eyes, but there is no connection between chocolate and dilute. You can easily get one without the other. If your doe is a dilute, then she will produce only dilutes when bred to another dilute (the Lilac). Since Chocolate is recessive, she would have to be carrying at least one Chocolate gene to have Chocolate babies (or, if both parents are dilutes, Lilac babies). Both the Chocolate gene and the dilution gene will affect eye color to some degree. Chocolate rabbits' eyes are not as dark a shade of brown as the eyes of, say, a black. Add the lightening effect of the dilution gene, and the eye gets even lighter, becoming a sort of lavender tint. Chinchilla plus Chocolate can have the same effect.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom