Are these NH Reds?

Looks like a light Buff Orpington to me
smile.png

Quote:
Like I said in my original post the darker red on the right is what everone calls the NH red. She was one of the hatchery chicks I brought home that was tore all to pieces at the feed store last fall. The rest of the lighter are red sex links. I just either tell everyone she is NH or production red. Usually NH cause when I say production red they all look at me like I am nuts.

They could be Mountain Buff There is a hatchery in OK that has there own breed. I'm sure of the Mountain but not real sure about the Buff part.

Quote:
Like I said in my original post the darker red on the right is what everone calls the NH red. She was one of the hatchery chicks I brought home that was tore all to pieces at the feed store last fall. The rest of the lighter are red sex links. I just either tell everyone she is NH or production red. Usually NH cause when I say production red they all look at me like I am nuts.

Well considering you edited you post at 12:15 am and I had made my post at 8:43 am it is hard to say what your original post said but either way the, "dark red" colored hen in the picture you posted is not a New Hampshire (not even hatchery quality) she is a Production Red..

Chris

I always have known it as a NH red just cause I have always went off of what box she came out of when they arrived from USPS at the store from the hatchery. The box from the hatchery was labeled NH red. She could be production but they always seem to be lighter in color from this specific hatchery. I edited my post before you posted, 12:15am is before 8:43 am. Did not mean it to sound rude in my last post but it seems it was taken that way.

The hatchery just calls them NH reds but they are just mutts/production reds. I believe the true NH are white?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom