Are these Orphingtons?

I looked up the Austrwhite and I don't think that is what she is. She is way too big for one, but the comb and wattles are wrong and the leg color and the wings and body type and carriage. I have some birds her that may indeed be Austrwhites but this one in particular I am not so sure about.
AustraWhites are mixes so body shape, size, comb type etc, are gonna vary. Some will look more Australorp in size, & face, others will look more Leghorn, or some will look very in between.

We had a mixup with our chicks, but we think this hen is most likely a Black Australorp. Definitely not the Chocolate Orpington we thought we picked up! IMG_3134.jpeg IMG_3135.jpeg Hope this helps 🤷‍♀️

Easter Eggers dont always lay green or blue eggs you have a 50 percent chance of it laying blue or green.

Yours could have Maran in its lineage making the egg darker. But she is definitely a mix
So the confusion continues from when they were chicks. We thought we got 2 bantam EE, 3 OE, 1 Chocolate Orp, and 1 Black Australorp. We added a Golden Comet when we found out that the EEs were bantams.
We have been thinking that the CO was actually the BA because the supposed BA got feathered feet and is black and white!!
Regardless, they are all wonderful birds

So the confusion continues from when they were chicks. We thought we got 2 bantam EE, 3 OE, 1 Chocolate Orp, and 1 Black Australorp. We added a Golden Comet when we found out that the EEs were bantams.
We have been thinking that the CO was actually the BA because the supposed BA got feathered feet and is black and white!!
Do you mind if I post all of the pics of them here, or should I start a new post in the breeds thread?

Black Australorps dont have feathered feet.

French Marans do so it could be a Olive egger which is still a mixed breed.

Back
Top Bottom