Are these paint silkies

What kind of possibilities do I get if I have a partridge/white rooster and an assuming pure black silkie? Can I get any other result different from what I have?

My hen looked like this when she was a chick. What kind of genetics can she have?
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190314223333660_COVER.jpg

Looks like black and white
What kind of possibilities do I get if I have a partridge/white rooster and an assuming pure black silkie? Can I get any other result different from what I have?

My hen looked like this when she was a chick. What kind of genetics can she have?
View attachment 1953829
This baby will come to be PURE black, maybe some extra white coloring or other colors in her/him. Not sure on genetics so let me bring in an expert :) @Cyprus

Looks like black and white

This baby will come to be PURE black, maybe some extra white coloring or other colors in her/him. Not sure on genetics so let me bring in an expert :) @Cyprus

Oh I know she's gonna be pure black cuz she is the mother of those new chicks. I am just wondering what kind of chicks could I get with the partridge/white rooster and her. Thanks!

Oh I know she's gonna be pure black cuz she is the mother of those new chicks. I am just wondering what kind of chicks could I get with the partridge/white rooster and her. Thanks!
Dang sorry, lol. I think you could get anything you'd mix black and leaked white with, partridge, leaked white? splash?

I have idea what a "leaked" white is but a lot of what's being said here isn't correct.
There are two types of white. Recessive white and dominate white. Most silkies are recessive white and not long ago all where.
Dominate white was bred into silkies just for the paints. A paint is one dominate white gene. Thats why paint breeding produces blacks, whites and paints. Partridge based birds are not used in paint breeding because dominate white doesn't cover gold based colors.
Back to recessive white. Recessive whites need two copies to be white and will cover ever other color/pattern. When two recessive whites are bred they always produce white and it is never known whats under the white and doesn't matter. A partridge based recessive white is just as pure white as a black based, blue based or what not.
When you cross a recessive white with other colors they never produce a recessive white unless the other color carries one recessive white gene that would be hidden.
When you cross the recessive white with a non recessive white that's when you start discovering what you white is carrying underneath.
It can be an array of things and it doesn't matter for breeding strikly whites.

You've got 2 partridges and what appears to be a lavender partridge.

I agree parent colors are not pure.

Black is epistatic so even one copy can, sometimes, turn the whole bird black. More so on females than males. Therefore, mom is not likely homozygous for black.

Back
Top Bottom