Are these purebred?

Overoberyl

Songster
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Florida
Someone in my area is rehoming these two and I thought they sort of looked like Khaki Campbells, but I'm not sure I want them if they are mixed. I just don't know enough about ducks to be able to tell, and wasn't sure if the variation I'm seeing between these and what I found online would indicate they are not pure...or maybe they are some other breed. Thanks in advance for any help
smile.png

The lighter colored one looks like it might be (both look like drakes by the way) but it could be a buff duck. Hard to tell since he's in the water. The darker one is too dark to be a khaki campbell, but looks like it is a mix. Not sure what with, possibly cayuga?

The lighter colored one looks like it might be (both look like drakes by the way) but it could be a buff duck. Hard to tell since he's in the water. The darker one is too dark to be a khaki campbell, but looks like it is a mix. Not sure what with, possibly cayuga?

Ok, thanks that is helpful. The lady says they are a pair and the hen lays an egg every day, but it sounds like they are probably mixes...

the lighter one with the dark head looks to be a khaki drake. The darker one may be a dark campbell duck.It looks like a campbell but is just dark but there is a breed called dark campbells.

If it is a dark campbell then mating it to a khaki drake would give u sex linked ducklings...in other words the females would all be khaki colored and the males would all be dark.

Back
Top Bottom