Are these seizures?

When I first noticed the splay leg the only advice I was given by a family member was to cull him. I went against what they said and kept him splinted up and in the house for nearly a month.

You're probably right about not much to be done, the vet I called quoted me a couple hundred dollars for an x-ray to start with, but if it's like my case, tests won't show much of anything and then I'll have put him through all the stress of vet visits for only a little information.
I always like to give them a chance too. :)

I doubt x-rays would show you much, if it’s something going on in his brain.
we had a client that brought her horse down to U of MN for diagnostics as he was having weird seizure like activity. They did an MRI, CT scan, tapped for CSF, did all kinds of things, and came up with idiopathic epilepsy. No idea what was causing it.
so in this guy’s case? I would put the money to use in keeping him comfy. :) but that’s just my opinion. Haha.

I have similar misfirings! Random twitches and shivers, but I guess I never figured a duck could have similar issues?
Given that one of his legs is still wonky due to the splay leg he had as a baby, he moves when he wants to, and quite fast! Especially when he sees me sit down in the grass or there's snacks involved.
He eats and drinks great, he loves his food and duckweed. (Duck quack)

I feel bad, like I should run him to the vet and have every scan possible done. Like I'm a failure of a duck mom for not being able to.
You're his therapy human🥰 (I say this about one of my adopted dogs... he always finds me when he's having anxiety issues)

I always like to give them a chance too. :)

I doubt x-rays would show you much, if it’s something going on in his brain.
we had a client that brought her horse down to U of MN for diagnostics as he was having weird seizure like activity. They did an MRI, CT scan, tapped for CSF, did all kinds of things, and came up with idiopathic epilepsy. No idea what was causing it.
so in this guy’s case? I would put the money to use in keeping him comfy. :) but that’s just my opinion. Haha.
I will definitely do that! A friend of mine is building a new little house for him with a ramp that has less of an incline, it should be coming within the next month!

Back
Top Bottom